EMPOWERING SINGLE PARENTS
HCSA DAYSPRING SPIN
(Single Parents INformed, INvolved, INcluded)
HCSA Dayspring SPIN is an initiative in collaboration with the National Council of Social Service. It aims to support caregiving and improve the quality of life for single parents and lone caregivers who lack, or have limited emotional, physical or practical support.
SPIN provides single parents with access to resources through an ally network of volunteers and an interactive website that empowers them to make informed decisions and helps strengthen their social support network. Find out more here.
- Single parents/lone caregivers will be assessed for their needs by a social worker before joining as a SPIN member for up to 12 months.
- SPIN members will be matched with befrienders – trained volunteers, who will provide practical and socio-emotional support.
- Respite services will also be available to allow members to schedule free time to attend to their errands, while their children are taken care of by volunteers.
- To improve members’ access to organised information, SPIN conducts regular child-friendly workshops and activities to enrich and encourage members in their parenting journey
- SPIN provides an online portal to promote easy access to information and resources.