HCSA’s Commitment to Your Privacy
We understand that your privacy is very important and therefore, HCSA Community Services (HCSA) protects all personal information provided by you with great effort. In compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012, we will not share your personal details with a third party without your consent, and all your personal data will be kept strictly confidential.
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal data.
The Types of information We Collect
- Personal particulars and contact details (such as name, address, telephone numbers, email, etc.);
- Medical records;
- Educational records;
- Financial records;
- For donors (donation history; and credit card and/or bank account details); and
- Pictures and videos
The types of sensitive information we collect include records of communication between us, which may include from time to time, information you provide us or we collect from others. This includes, but is not limited to, the following types of information:
- NRIC / FIN umber;
- Personal financial information;
- Personal credit card data;
- Any idiosyncratic or personal information we obtain from you or others about you; and
- Photographs taken at events or posted on our social media channels.
Why We Collect Private Information about You
HCSA is a non-profit charitable organization with IPC status. Our Vision and Mission is To give a future and a hope and to Empower the vulnerable to find purpose for a more abundant life
We collect information about our stakeholders, so that we are able to better communicate with them, introduce them to our organization, inform them of the work that we do and encourage donation so as to carry on with our programmes.
We do not use the information in any way, other than the purpose it is collected for. They include, but are not limited to:
- The immediate reason for which you have provided it to us;
- To update you about HCSA’s work, or to encourage you to learn about what we do, and
- Any other purpose directly related to our work and for which you have provided consent (where it is reasonably required by law).
At times, we may be legally required to disclose your information (e.g. to IRAS for submission of tax deduction). For the purpose of research, we may also share non-personal, non-sensitive and de-identified information with such organisations.
How We Collect Your Information
We may collect information from you either directly or from third parties. Information we collect from third parties may be by formal or incidental means in the following ways:
- Face to face contact;
- Electronically through our websites and online surveys;
- Via social media messages or conversation;
- During phone calls, voice or image recordings;
- Whilst delivering and administering services at our facilities;
- From forms, coupons and other types of correspondence (both in writing and electronically)
For those below the age of 16 years, written parental/guardian consent will be required for the collection of personal data of the above mentioned individuals, or those with certified medical/mental conditions.
By providing personal data relating to a third party (e.g. information of your dependent, spouse, children and/or parents) to HCSA, you represent and warrant that the third party has given consent for the disclosure, collection and use of his/her personal data for the purposes listed below.
How We Use Your Information
We will only use your personal and sensitive information for the reason we collected it as set out above and for the purpose(s) for which it was collected, or as otherwise permitted by law.
We will not disclose the above information that we collect to affiliate or third parties without your consent.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can access your information by asking us. Occasionally, we may need to refuse your request to access information, if it (but not restricted to):
- Threatens the safety or physical or mental health of another individual;
- Causes immediate or grave harm to the safety or physical or mental health of the individual who made the request;
- Reveals personal data about another individual;
- Reveals the identity of an individual who provided personal data about another individual; and
- Is contrary to national interest.
When you request access, we will ask you to provide some form of identification, so that we can ensure that you are the person to whom the information relates.
We will endeavor to respond to you within 7 working days of receiving your request.
Should we be unable to assist with your request, you will receive a written explanation as to why.
Feedback about a Breach of Your Privacy
If you are concerned about how we have collected or managed your personal information, we request you follow the procedure set out below.
- Submit your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to:
HCSA Data Protection Officer
1 Lorong 23 Geylang
In order to effectively address your feedback, we may request further information from you about your feedback and the reasons behind it.
2. After we receive all necessary information, please allow us approximately 28 days to address your feedback.
Disclosing Your Personal Information
Occasionally, we may use an external vendor to process, data-entry, letter-shop, back-up information or to provide other services.
As a result, we may disclose your personal information to them for these purposes.
We do not otherwise disclose or transfer your personal information to an external party.
Securing Your Information
We take reasonable steps to ensure the security of personal and sensitive information we hold and to protect it against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure.
Our IT systems are protected and comply with applicable security standards.
Only authorized personnel are permitted to access these details and we will destroy personal information, once there is no longer a legal or business need for us to retain it.
It is your right to be dealt with anonymously, provided that it is lawful and practicable.
We will try to accommodate a request for anonymity whenever possible, however we note that in some circumstances, this may prevent us from practically and effectively communicating with you. If so, we will notify you.
Cookies and Links to Other Websites
When you visit our website, a record of you visit is logged. The following data is supplied by your browser:
- Your IP address and/or domain name;
- Your operating system (type of browser and platform);
- The date, time and length of your visit to the website; and
- The resources you accessed and the documents you downloaded.
This information is used to compile statistical information about the use of our website. It is not used for any other purpose. If you do not want ‘cookies’ to be used, please disable them via your browser settings.
Links to other websites
Our websites may contain links to third party websites, and similarly, third party websites may also have links to our website.
From time to time, HCSA or its authorized agents may call, SMS, email or mail you information about our events, programmes and services. However, should you prefer us not to, kindly inform us by emailing email@example.com or calling 67453532 . At the same time, if you have changed any of your contact details, please let us know as well.